Have you ever stood in front of your closet, a closet full of clothes and thought, I have nothing to wear!
Or have you ended up wearing yoga pants all day, or even all week because you didn’t have the time or patience to figure out what to wear?
Don’t fret, because you’re not alone. We all experience this at one time or another. But after our February 30 for 30 Challenge, that’s all going to change. By the end of the month, we are going to learn to wear ALL the clothes in our closet, not just the 10 pieces we rotate through regularly. We will also hopefully have 30 go-to outfits that will be easy to throw on in the morning without having to worry about whether it works or not.
Before we can get those 30 outfits, we have to pick our 30 pieces of clothing, which can be a challenge in its self. If you’re like me, you gravitate towards the clothing that is basic and that you know works together.
For the 30 for 30, I will make sure to choose some basics that I can mix and match, but I’m also going to pick a few of those pieces of clothing that I’ve bought but that sit in my closet collecting dust because I’m not sure I can pull it off or if I’m wearing it the right way or if it looks good on me. I’m going use this as an opportunity to start using my whole closet and I’m excited about it.
30 for 30 Tips
I’m no expert no fashion, so I’ve enlisted the help of some ladies who really know what they are talking about when it comes to fashion and have successfully completed a 30 for 30 challenge in the past. Here are the tips they had for choosing the 30 items from your closest:
Raj from Pink Chai Style
– For your 30 items, choose more tops and less bottoms so that if you end up with 7 bottoms, try to have 12 tops. It is easier to repeat a bottom than a top and with tops, cardigans and blazers, you can also layer.
– Try to include a dress or skirt even if you aren’t sure how you are going to style it. The idea is to push yourself our of your comfort zone.
– Go with 60% solid colours and basics, 30% fun prints and then 10% totally wild. It’s fun to have a few pieces that are really hard for you to style and you want to force yourself to use them, but you also need some basics to pair your fun items with.
– With your accessories, think beyond jewellery. You’ll want to use your belts, hats, scarves, headbands, everything. Get creative!
Agi from Vodka Infused Lemonade:
– Pick items that you know you will wear and are easy to mix and match with. Since it’s still Winter and cold I would recommend sweaters, turtlenecks, some button shirts, a blazer, jeans and boots. I would also include a versatile dress.
– Give yourself some time and go through your ENTIRE closet. You want to enjoy this, not dread it and it’s fun to get creative with your clothes!
– Layering clothing is a great way to make the 30 for 30 Challenge work for you.
How you can join us:
– Upload your own daily photos to Instagram and Twitter. Use the hashtag #moms30for30 We will find you and highlight as many of you as we can throughout the month on our social media. It’ll be fun to virtually chat about our outfits and the challenge we are all doing together!
– If you have a blog, send us an email and we will add you to our link up list
– And as always, follow us on social media and tell us what you think about our 30 picks, 30 outfits and the complex relationship of fashion and motherhood.
2 thoughts on “30 for 30 Challenge Tips”
Thanks for the shout out today Salma. Looking forward to following your 30 in 30. If I would have known earlier, I might have joined up. I can’t wait to see all the great outfits you put together. Good luck.
Sounds fun ! I don’t have Instagram or twitter though, I am going to follow though 🙂