We’ve been doing a lot of baking and experimenting lately as I try out recipes that I’ve made in the past and try and re-work them to be gluten-free and dairy-free. Some have been successful, some have not. This Banana Muffins recipe was a hit with everyone!
4 medium bananas, mashed
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar (optional)
1.5 cups gluten-free flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips (optional)
1. Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, mix the mashed bananas, olive oil, apple sauce, sugars and egg with a whisk or spatula until well-combined. There will be chunks of banana in it and that’s okay!
3. In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
4. Slowly pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir it together with a spatula. Make sure not to over mix. This is where you can add the walnuts and chocolate chips if you’re using them.
5. Grease your muffins tins or put liners in them and pour muffin batter into each one, about 3/4 of the way. Don’t overfill.
6. Bake the muffins for about 18-20 minutes. You can use a toothpick to test if the muffins are ready. They will be a nice golden brown colour.
7. Let them cool for a few minutes and then enjoy with a delicious glass of almond milk!
*This will make 18-20 large muffins. You can also make mini muffins. Just cut the baking time to about 10 minutes.
** These also work well if you want to make a big batch and freeze some for later.
17 thoughts on “Banana Muffins (Gluten-free + Dairy-Free)”
This looks awesome! looks delicious..
They were delicious Priya 🙂
Oh my kids would love these! Thank you for the recipe xx
You’re welcome. I hope your kids enjoy them.
These look awesome! Can’t wait to try them. Looking forward to exploring more of your blog.
Those look yummy. I’ll have to try this.
Ooh, I like the fact that they’re dairy-free! Gluten-free is a bonus, but we don’t have any gluten issues to worry about. Thanks for the recipe!
That’s great Scott. And this recipe works great with regular flour as well.
These sound wonderful and healthy! Thanks for the recipe share!
Anytime Misty 🙂
They look so tasty!
They are Sophie!
Mmmh – I love banana muffins- gluten free, dairy free – any kind!
Me too Ana, we love bananas in this house!
These look scrumptious, I’ll need to give hem try minus the nuts.
Thanks so much!
They taste great without nuts too Marilyn.