My kids love doing DIY projects and crafts and I actually have a lot of fun making these crafts with them. This week, we decided to tackle an at-home, Easy Aquarium Craft for Kids. It’s so simple, the kids really enjoyed it and it’s perfect way to spend an afternoon. And now the kids have something really lovely to look at and play with in their rooms all thanks to this easy aquarium craft.
This easy Aquarium Craft is simple because there aren’t a lot of rules or instructions. You can use your imagination and be as creative as you want. You can add or take-away supplies, whatever your kids prefer. We purchased our supplies at our local dollar store and pet shop.
Easy Aquarium Craft
Supplies for Easy Aquarium Craft:
1. Sand and gravel
2. Sea shells
3. Sea plant
6. Sea creatures (we actually looked through a box of toys and picked up a bunch of sea animals from there.)
7. Water mixed with a drop or two of food colouring (to give your aquarium the blue color)
8. A wide-mouth jar or vase
Instructions for Easy Aquarium Craft:
1. Fill your jar a couple of inches with the sand and gravel so make a base. (If you are using a sea plant, anchor it to the bottom before piling on the sand and gravel to make sure it’s steady.)
2. Then you can use all your other supplies like the sea shells, marbles, and sea creatures to create a beautiful aquarium
3. Pour in the blue water just above 3/4 of the way
4. Then enjoy your aquarium.
This easy aquarium craft is so great because it’s simple, fun and it doesn’t require any regular clean up of the aquarium like one with fish would entail. The kids can always add and take away sea creatures whenever they feel like it. Make sure to refill the water when it gets low.
If you are looking for other fun and simple crafts, try:
Easy Tape Painting for Kids
Fun DIY Lava Lamp
And check out my Summer Crafts Pinterest Board.
5 thoughts on “Easy Aquarium Craft for Kids”
That looks like such fun for the children. Next, they’ll want a larger one with live fish.
That sounds like so much fun that I (as an empty nester) would do that for myself. But, like Francene, I can see the live fish coming soon….
How fun – what a great way to have the kids involved in a home activity! Love it! #CreateDesignDiscover