When my friend Tairlyn got a new Breville Juicer (we are giving away a Breville Juice Fountain Cold at the bottom of this post!) and asked me to come over to help her create a juice recipe that the whole family could enjoy, I was all over it. Honestly, there is nothing better than fresh, cold pressed juice. And we came up with a doozy, as in a super delicious recipe. The only thing I realized after we made it, was that there was a lot of leftover pulp. But it did not go to waste because we found 5 really great ways to use leftover juice pulp.
I’m going to share the 5 ways to use leftover juice pulp, but first I wanted to share the yummy juice recipe we made, a Green Pineapple Refresher.
Green Pineapple Juice Recipe
To make 3-4 delicious glasses, you need:
– 1 pinapple
– 3 green apples
– 6-8 large kale leaves
Now the big thing that Tairalyn and I both love about this Breville Juice Fountain Cold is that you don’t need to cut or deseed the apple, you don’t need to take the hard stems out of the kale and you don’t even need to take the skin off the pineapple, the juicer does it all for you, such a time saver! On top of that, it’s easy to clean and dishwasher safe! (For more info on all the awesomeness of the Breville Juicer, check out Tairalyn’s post.)
To make the Green Pineapple Juice, add the apples & kale to the juicer. Cut off the top of the pineapple and cut into long slices, then add to the juicer. That’s it! I kid you not when I say that this was soooo good. I love it when good taste and good for you come together.
5 Ways to Use Leftover Juice Pulp
If you’re conscious of your carbon footprint and try to reduce food waste, then having all that leftover pulp might concern you. But don’t let it, because there are so many awesome ways you can use leftover juice pulp. Here are 5 of my favourite ways:
I’m sure most people do this, but I still wanted to mention it, The easiest way you can use leftover juice pulp is to compost it, easy peasy right? Here are some more creative ways to use it.
1. I would have never thought about this, but I am totally on board with Juice Pulp Muffins. This recipe looks tasty and healthy! It uses vegetable and fruit juice pulp.
2. Blend the leftover juice pulp into your smoothie for more fibre. We love smoothies in our house so this works great for us. You can put it in the fridge if you’re going to use it soon. Or you can even freeze it and use it in place of ice or frozen fruit. It would work great in this fav smoothie of mine.
3. Your kids will love this one, use the leftover juice pulp to make popsicles! Reserve a 1/4-1/2 cup of the juice you made. Evenly add the pulp and reserved juice into popsicle moulds. Freeze and voila, healthy and delicious popsicles for the family.
4. I’m a little obsessed with the idea of juice pulp ice cubes. They would look so pretty and add flavour to your juice or water. All you need is an ice cube tray. Fill each tray half way with pulp and the rest of the way with water or even juice. Freeze and use as wanted.
5. And what about juice pulp doggy biscuits? I don’t have a dog, but I love that idea. Here’s a great recipe: Juice Pulp Doggie Biscuits.
And now what you’re all been waiting for, the BREVILLE JUICE FOUNTAIN COLD Giveaway!
Breville has so graciously offered to give one of our readers a chance at winning one of their own. The giveaway is open to Canadian residents and will run now until May 27th, 2019 at midnight. All you have to do is follow the instructions on the rafflecopter below. Good luck!
Good Luck EVERYONE!a Rafflecopter giveaway
28 thoughts on “5 Ways to Use Leftover Juice Pulp”
Carrots, apples and kale for sure! Would love to win this. Breville appliances are my favorite!
Carrots, apples and lots and lots of ginger. The best.
Ooh, I would love this for juicing veggies. Carrots, spinach, celery and cucumber! What a great giveaway. Thanks for the chance!
What wonderful and unique ideas for juice pulp~ I love the muffins and want to make them, I just have to make sure they are gluten and dairy free for my daughter. I like the idea of using veggies in a juicer to make smoothies. Thanks@plumerea
I’d love to make some beet and berry juice!
I have never juiced before, so not sure what I would make. I enjoy berries and would love carrot juice.
Carrot juice was a favourite of mine too!
I love juicing spinach and ginger!
So many health benefits to those ingredients too
I would love to try and make some celery juice because there’s so much hype about it and would love to see the benefits myself!
This juice sounds so yummy!
It really is!
I would juice every fruit and veg possible. Celery, Beet Cucumber is my current fave! I would love to make my own. Thanks for the chance.
Probably some apples, oranges, carrots, and a little ginger!
I love your suggestions for the leftover pulp — I can totally see myself making popsicles or PULPSICLES, ha ha. If you can juice it, it’s going in that juicer — carrots, celery, apples, kale (all delicious goodness!).
Would love to make a green juice with spinach, apples, celery, etc. Thanks for the chance to win!
I would like to juice carrots and apples together.
That combo seems to be a favourite!
Carrots and apples yummy!
I’ll be juicing carrots, apple and ginger!
I will be juicing carrots apples and oranges. I think that combo would be so delicious and healthy. Wow! What an awesome giveaway! 🙂
Would love to win this. Juicing is amazing.
I will be juicing cucumber and ginger!
Ooh awesome ideas here. I once made ‘crackers’ from juice pulp with garlic and it made the house smell DIVINE!
oh wow, what a great way to use the leftover pulp!