Almost every morning, you will see someone in our house making a smoothie. For me, it’s the quickest and most convenient breakfast too have. Especially when I get home from an early morning workout and need to get the kids ready for school. I can still sip on my smoothie will doing everything else that needs to be done on a school day.
Lately, my favourite smoothie recipe has been a Matcha Mango Smoothie. It’s delicious, it’s healthy and the matcha gives you a little energy boost to get you going in the morning.
The original Green Match Mango Ginger Smoothie recipe comes from the Oh She Glows Everyday Cookbook. The book is full of amazing vegan recipes! I love the original recipe but I just switched it up a bit to suit my tastes and this is what came out of it!
Matcha Mango Smoothie
Ingredients for Matcha Mango Smoothie:
– 1 cup milk (I use almond milk; soy and dairy work just as well)
– 1 cup of frozen mangos
– 1/2 a large banana
– 1 cup of baby spinach
– 1 drop of lime essential oil (or you can use 2 tsp of lime juice)
– 1/2 tsp of minced ginger
– 2 tbsp of hemp hearts (or a scoop of vanilla protein powder)
– 1 tsp of matcha powder
– 1 tbsp of water
Instructions for Matcha Mango Smoothie:
1. Add all the ingredients above into a blender. Blend it until everything is completely combined and smooth. (If it’s too thick for you, you can add liquid like water or more milk until you have the consistency you like.)
2. Then enjoy your delicious Matcha Mango Smoothie for a perfect breakfast and an energy boost all in one!
What is your favourite breakfast smoothie?