Are you drowning in leftover Halloween candy and chocolate? Whether it’s the leftover stuff that you were giving out to trick-or-treaters or all the goodies your kids brought home, let’s face it, it’s really hard to resist snacking on those tempting little miniature candy and chocolate bars. And of course you should! I mean I did, for two days. But now, its time to take a step back and figure out what to do with all that leftover Halloween candy!
The next question is, what do you actually do with all that delicious candy and chocolate? Well in our house, now that Halloween is over, we are back to our regular Sunday Candy Day. The kids picked all the goodies they liked and wanted to keep and put in their own containers and pick out what they want to eat on Sunday’s. And they rest of it? Here awesome great ideas!
7 Ways to Use Leftover Halloween Candy
1. Make Your Own Blizzard – Take some of your favourite leftover chocolates and mix them with ice cream for an cold treat! Here is the recipe.
2. Bake it – Do some baking with kids and use up the some of the leftover candy with these great recipes
3. Donate it – You could always donate some of the candy as well. Here is list of places that will take leftover Halloween candy.
4. Freeze the Candy – If you have a lot of candy and want to keep it but still have it out of temptation, try freezing some of it.
5. Save it to Decorate your Gingerbread House – Christmas is around the corner and that means gingerbread houses. Save some of the leftover Halloween candy to decorate with
6. Birthday Piñata – If anyone has a family birthday coming up, use the candy to fill up a fun birthday piñata.
7. Make a Candy Dish – Soon there will be lots of holiday get togethers and parties, take a nice candy dish and fill it up with leftover candy for guests. Before you know it, the candy will be gone in no time.
If you have leftover Halloween candy in the house, what do you do with it?