Are you drowning in leftover Halloween candy and chocolate? Whether it’s the leftover stuff that you were giving out to trick-or-treaters or all the goodies your kids brought home, let’s face it, it’s really hard to resist snacking on those tempting little miniature candy and chocolate bars. And of course you should! I mean I did, for two days. But now, its time to take a step back and figure out what to do with all that leftover Halloween candy!
The next question is, what do you actually do with all that delicious candy and chocolate? Well in our house, now that Halloween is over, we are back to our regular Sunday Candy Day. The kids picked all the goodies they liked and wanted to keep and put in their own containers and pick out what they want to eat on Sunday’s. And they rest of it? Here awesome great ideas!
7 Ways to Use Leftover Halloween Candy
1. Make Your Own Blizzard – Take some of your favourite leftover chocolates and mix them with ice cream for an cold treat! Here is the recipe.
2. Bake it – Do some baking with kids and use up the some of the leftover candy with these great recipes
3. Donate it – You could always donate some of the candy as well. Here is list of places that will take leftover Halloween candy.
4. Freeze the Candy – If you have a lot of candy and want to keep it but still have it out of temptation, try freezing some of it.
5. Save it to Decorate your Gingerbread House – Christmas is around the corner and that means gingerbread houses. Save some of the leftover Halloween candy to decorate with
6. Birthday Piñata – If anyone has a family birthday coming up, use the candy to fill up a fun birthday piñata.
7. Make a Candy Dish – Soon there will be lots of holiday get togethers and parties, take a nice candy dish and fill it up with leftover candy for guests. Before you know it, the candy will be gone in no time.
If you have leftover Halloween candy in the house, what do you do with it?
14 thoughts on “7 Ways to Use Leftover Halloween Candy”
Great ideas for those with an excess of sweet temptations.
I keep some left over peppermints in a jar in the cupboard to use when I want to freshen my mouth.
Peppermints are good for that!
Throw it away. Just toss it! lol
We were lucky this year and completely ran out of candy (lucky for us, not for the kids who took it home). I always hear parents talk about throwing the candy away or donating it but it makes me wonder why we give out candy to begin with? I’m all for giving out Annie’s bunnies or fruit (gasp!). People have told me that it ruins Halloween to NOT give out candy. I’m so confused by it all! Luckily I don’t have kids so I don’t have to deal with the conflicting feelings I have over the whole thing yet 🙂
So smart! I have ours put aside for giving gerbread house decorating. Smarties for lights and kirk at for the fence.
That would be perfect!
Great ideas, esp the birthday pinata one!
I love the baking idea- we always use the hershey bars that no one likes when we make a chocolate cake. Thanks for the great ideas!
Such great ideas! Saved my M&Ms to “Decorate your Gingerbread House “!
Great ideas, Going to make a blizzard with Twix and M&Ms
Great ideas but realistically, mama’s just eating it all! Maybe next year I’ll have more will power:)
Great ideas. The blizzard and gingerbread house sounds like great ideas. I think i might do the blizzard one soon!