If you have never tried Golden Milk, otherwise known as a Turmeric Latte, you really need to! Since the fall, I’ve literally been obsessed with them (you will know this if you follow my IG stories.) Not only is Golden Milk good for you, it’s actually really delicious!
For those of you with that sceptical look on your face thinking warm milk with turmeric in it? How can that be delicious? But turmeric isn’t the only ingredient. Combined with all these other delicious spices and flavours, it turns into a warm cup of amazingness.
Before I share all the ingredients, I have to say, turmeric is so good for you. Growing up, our parents would give it to us whenever we were sick. Their version was warm milk, turmeric and honey. I wasn’t a fan of that version but this one is so good.
Turmeric is full of anti-oxidents, it’s known for it’s anti-inflammatory properties, it helps heal inflammation (my mom put it on our cuts,) and it’s supposed to be great for your skin as part of your beauty routine. And that’s just scratching the surface of turmeric.
If that hasn’t convinced you to give turmeric a try, once you try this Golden Milk recipe, you will be fully converted!
Golden Milk/Turmeric Latte Recipe
Ingredients for Golden Milk:
– 1 tsp coconut oil
– 1 cup of cashew milk (you can use any type of milk you prefer, almond milk works as does regular dairy.)
– 1 tsp turmeric (If you’re just trying turmeric for the first time, you can start with just half a teaspoon and build from there.)
– a pinch of black pepper (to activate the capsicum in the turmeric)
– 1/3 tsp ground cinnamom
– 1/4 – 1/2 tsp ground cardamom (depends how much you like cardamom, 1 like it a lot!)
– a splash of pure vanilla extract
– pinch of fresh or or 1/8 tsp of minced ginger
– honey to taste
Instructions for Golden Milk:
1. In a small pot, heat the coconut oil.
2. Once it’s melted, add in the milk you will be using. whisk so the oil and milk combine.
3. Then add in the rest of the ingredients (except the honey) and whisk until its completely combine.
4. Let it heat until it almost comes to a boil. (whisk periodically)
5. Then pour into a cup and enjoy the aromatic and healthy drink!