If you struggle to drink more water and keep yourself hydrated, you’re not alone. Most people just don’t drink enough water, even if they want to. I’m one of those people. But I’ve started doing little things to help remind me to drink more water and increase my water intake and it’s really helped. So today I’m sharing 5 Ways to Drink More Water.
Here are 5 Ways to Drink More Water:
- Buy yourself a big 1 or 2 litre water bottle so that will help you keep track of how much water you drink and give you a goal to achieve! You can just keep it with you during the day so it’s always handy. I’ve linked one that I love below that actually has reminders right on the bottle. Click on the image to go to the link.
- Use a straw. I’ve actually seen a big increase in the amount of water I drink when I’m using a straw. I fill my big water bottle in the morning. Then throughout the day, I use that water bottle and pour directly into my cup with a straw. I end up drinking much more water!
- If you don’t enjoy drinking water, infuse it with some of your favourite fruits. I like the mint and lemon combo as well as the strawberry cucumber combo. Here’s a post with more info on how to properly infuse your water.
A little while back I also found, Tetly tea bags made especially for infusing water. That can increase the flavour and hopefully have you enjoy drinking more water.
- Keep a big glass of water near your night table. When you wake up in the morning, drink the entire glass. This way you’re starting your morning by hydrating your body after you sleep and it counts towards you daily water intake.
- Drink one glass of water before each meal or set an alarm at the top of every hour to remember to drink some water. Having cues or times set, will remind you about your water goals and will help you drink more water throughout the day.
Do you think incorporating some of these tips will help you drink more water?
If you liked this post, you may also like:
10 Ways to Stay Motivated to Exercise
How Exercise Makes me a Better Mom
7 Ways to Boost Your Energy Without Coffee
You can always find me on Instagram with more, health and wellness tips, exercise ideas and body acceptance inspiration.
One thought on “5 Ways to Drink More Water”
Great ideas! The straw definitely helps, I will try that again, thanks! Also, for me, a water bottle works better than a glass next to my bed bc the water doesn’t get dirty and it doesn’t make a mess if it tips over!