Today I’m sharing the best Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins recipe ever. I’m not even exaggerating. Whenever I make these, they disappear so quickly and I get asked for more. They are simple and don’t even require an electric mixer, just a good old fashioned bowl and spatula.
Ingredients for Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins:
– 4 ripe bananas (medium to large in size)
– 1/3 cup white sugar
– 1/2 cup brown sugar
– 1 large egg
– 1/3 cup softened butter or margarine
– 1.5 cups of all-purpose flour (you can also use whole wheat or half/half)
– 1 tsp baking soda
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1/3 tsp salt
-1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
– 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Instructions for Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins:
1. Mash your bananas in a large bowl. I like to leave the peel on, squish the bananas in my hands, then open the peel and add them to the bowl.
2. Add the sugars, egg and butter to the bananas. Mix well with a spatula.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
4. Then add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix it together with a spatula until it’s combined. Don’t over mix. Chunks of banana are great!
5. If you’re adding chocolate chips and/or walnuts, now would be a good time.
6. Grab your muffins tins, grease them and fill them about 3/4 of the way full with batter. This recipe will 12-18 large muffins. (I made 10 large and 24 mini muffins.)
7. Put them in the oven that’s preheated at 350 degrees. The large muffins will need to bake for 20 minutes. The mini-muffins are about 8-10 muffins. They will be a nice golden brown when they are ready.
8. Let the Banana Chocolate Chip muffins cool, for as long as you can. It’ll be pretty hard as the delicious smells will tempt you. Then enjoy!
I also did a video blog with my little guys on how exactly to make these muffins if that helps you out: Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins Vlog.
If you need a gluten-free and dairy-free banana muffin recipe, I also have a one here and they are really good!
And if you like muffins, I have a whole Pinterest Board dedicated to Muffins!
12 thoughts on “Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins”
woohoo – great recipe
It’s really good Adam!
Banana muffins is one of my favorite thing to do, it’s because it’s healthy. Thank you for the recipe.
You’re so welcome Imelda 🙂
I’ll try this recipe next time I cook muffins, they look very tasty!
They really are!
Ahhhh! They look fab!
Those look yummy!!!!!!
They totally are Agi!
Those look so good. Banana and chocolate is the perfect combination. Love how simple they are to make.
Such a good combo Hilary – we even do that combo for pancakes and waffles.