If you’ve ever looked through my recipes, you’ll notice a lot of baking with chocolate chips. My son and husband love chocolate chips, so they always manage to sneak in. But lately I have been craving baking with no chocolate (gasp!) and then a delicious muffin post on Instagram by my friend Norah inspired me to try these delicious Coconut Mango Muffins. I mean our whole family loves mangos so this had to be a hit!
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 2 tsp baking powder
– 1 cup shredded coconut
– 3/4 cup brown sugar
– 2 eggs
– 3/4 cup oil (I used 1/2 cup olive oil & 1/4 flax seed oil)
– 1 tsp vanilla
– 1 cup plain greek yogurt
– 1.5 cup of cubed mango (fresh or frozen)
1. Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees. Add the flour, baking powder, coconut and brown sugar in a bowl and then use a whisk or spatula to mix it all together.
2. In another bowl, add the eggs, oil, vanilla and yogurt and mix it until everything is well combined.
3. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and combine but don’t over mix.
3. Then add your cubed mango and just fold it into the mixture.
4. Put liners in your 12 muffin tins and fill each cup until just below the rim (so they don’t overflow.) Sprinkle a little brown sugar on top of each muffin and put them in the pre-heated oven for 15-18 minutes. You can check by putting in a toothpick and seeing if it comes out clean.
5. Let them cool on a wire rack and then enjoy with a cup of chai or a cold glass of milk!
16 thoughts on “Coconut Mango Muffins”
Those look wonderful, and I love mangoes! Thank you for sharing!
Thanks Laurel, I hope you enjoy them!
I love muffins! And those look and sound yummy.
They are very yummy Jeanine!
Ahh! Don’t they look yummy! Tropical fruit muffins!
I thought it would be refreshing to try something a little different Sophie 🙂
These look absolutely yummy and so easy to make!
They were quite simple to make Marilyn.
Those look wonderful and it’s nice to see whole piece of fruit instead of chopped up into mush. Yummy!
It was great having the chunks of mango in there Misty!
Ooh this seems yummy! Both tropical fruits – I happen to be home in Thailand visiting family at the moment…I could definitely try this recipe out with the fresh fruit ingredients! 🙂
I hope you’re having a great time in Thailand!
Those look wonderfully delicious! This is a time when I wish there was such a thing as scratch and sniff for web blogs. ROFL 🙂
Lol, they were delicious Bonnie!
They look so tasty! Mouth watering images indeed.