There have been some colds and sore throats making the rounds in our family. I thought I had side-stepped it but alas, it has also found me.
One of the things that that is always soothing for us is homemade soup. Our go-to is usually chicken noodle soup and cream of mushroom soup. However, this time around the family requested Chicken Corn Soup. It’s something my mother used to make for us, so of course I made if for my family.
Easy Chicken Corn Soup Ingredients:
– 5 cups chicken stock
– 1 cup of water
– 1 chicken breast
– 1 can of creamed corn
– 1 can of corn kernels
– 1 tbsp cornstarch
– 2-3 tbsps soy sauce
– 2 eggs
1. Put the chicken stock and water in a large pot and bring it to a boil.
2. Add the chicken breast into the boiling stock. Then turn the heat off. Put a lid on the pan and let the chicken sit in there for about 15 minutes or so.
3. Take the chicken breast out from the stock and let it cool. Once it’s cooled down, shred the chicken and leave it on the side.
4. Add corn kernels and the creamed corn to the pot with the chicken stock. Bring it to a boil over a medium heat.
5. In a separate bowl, combine the soy sauce and cornstarch with a whisk. Then stir into the soup to thicken it slightly.
6. Add the shredded chicken to soup.
7. Beat the 2 eggs into small bowl. Then slowly pour them into the soup, stirring constantly with a fork until all the egg is cooked.
That’s it, pour into a bowl and enjoy. It’ll hit the spot and sooth that sore throat.
What’s your soup of choice when the family is sick?