You always hear that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I think that is especially important for kids. Yet, it is often missed, it’s unhealthy, or we get stuck in a breakfast rut. If you or the kids are tired of your usual breakfast recipes, then you will want to try this breakfast option that we have in rotation at our house. The Breakfast Sundae is an easy, healthy, yummy breakfast that your kids will love putting together and more importantly, they’ll love eating it!
Healthy Breakfast Sundae Recipe
Ingredients for Breakfast Sundae:
– Cut up strawberries, bananas and blueberries (you can use any fruit you have on hand.)
– Yogurt (or plain or flavoured)
– Chopped nuts
– Chia seeds
– Hemp hearts
Instructions for Breakfast Sundae:
1. Start with a bowl of yogurt, plain or flavoured.
2. Then add all the toppings of your choice to the bowl of yogurt; fruit, nuts, granola, nuts, seeds etc.
This is a great way to let the kids get involved in preparing and helping with making food. Let them pick all the toppings they want to add to their yogurt. Encourage them to try a little bit of everything, at least once.
When they make the Breakfast Sundae themselves, they will enjoy eating it a more as well.
3. If you’re using plain yogurt, a dash of honey is a great way to add natural sweetness.
The great thing about this Breakfast Sundae is, that you can change the ingredients each time you make it and add whatever you have on hand or whatever your family likes to eat. And no matter what, it’s delicious every time!
And for more healthy breakfast recipes, check out this Pinterest Board.