One of the kids’ favourite breakfast’s is pancakes. I thought that would be the perfect meal for Valentine’s Day morning but I wanted to make them a little different and special. So I decided to use pumpkin (my favourite) and make them into little heart-shapes. The kids would gobble them up!
– 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
– 1 Tbsp sugar
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1/2 tsp all-spice
– 1/4 tsp ground ginger
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp milk
– 1 egg
– 4 Tbsp pumpkin puree
– 1 Tbsp melted butter
1. Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, spices and salt in a bowl.
2. In another bowl whisk together the milk, pumpkin, melted butter, and egg
3. With a spatula, mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
4. Grease your specialty heart-shaped pan or use heart-shaped cookie cutters. Click HERE for exact instructions on how to cook the pancakes into heart shapes.
These pancakes taste perfect with a drizzle of maple syrup and some fruit.