Most mornings we try and have a sit down breakfast before starting our day and heading off to school.
However, some mornings it’s more like, grab something and lets go! On those days, it’s usually a breakfast muffin, smoothie or other quick breakfast. However, I still like those quick breakfasts to be healthy, filling and of course tasty. Often the one element that is missing is protein, which I think is really important to have with each meal.
Our go-to for adding protein is usually Kraft peanut butter. It’s quick, it can be used so many different ways and let’s face it, it’s delicious. and makes everything better. It’s not just a spread, it’s an upgrade.So you can imagine how excited I was when I found that Kraft has Peanut Butter with Honey and Chocolate Peanut Butter!
Of course I had to try them out right away and make a Protein Packed Peanut Butter and Chocolate Breakfast Muffin recipe. The kids loved helping me make the recipe and the muffins turned out great! They gobbled them up for breakfast and so did I.
Of course I had to share the recipe with you guys!
1 1/4 cup of all purpose flour
1 cup of oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 – 3/4 cup of Kraft Peanut Butter with Honey
1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
1 cup of milk
1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup chocolate chunks or chips (optional)
1. In a large bowl, use a wooden spatula to mix together the flour, oats, brown sugar, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
2. In another bowl, add the Kraft Peanut Butter with Honey, greek yogurt, milk, egg and vanilla. Use a whisk to mix it all together. It might take a couple of minutes to get everything to combine well.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix together with a wooden spatula. At this point, mix in the chocolate chunks if you are using them.
4. Grab you muffin trays and grease them or use liners. If you use liners, you may need to grease them too. (I used the silicone muffin tins and they came out perfectly without sticking.) Fill each one about 3/4 full.
5. Put them in a 375 degree preheated over and bake for 15-18 minutes. Use a toothpick or skewer to see if they are cooked. If it comes out clean, the muffins are ready! This recipe will give you 12-15 large breakfast muffins.
Let the muffins cool and then enjoy them with a glass of milk at snack time or grab them to eat as you head out the door. These muffins also freeze well to save for future breakfast emergencies.
Make sure you come back here soon because I also have another recipe swirling around in my head using Kraft Peanut Butter with Honey that’s quick and delicious and it’s perfect for when you need a little energy or a quick snack as you head out the door. The next recipe post will also include a giveaway with a chance to win a Kraft Peanut Butter grand prize!
In the meanwhile, if you’re craving more peanut butter recipes, head on over to www.sticktogether.ca.
“Disclosure: Although this post has been generously sponsored by Kraft Heinz Canada ULC , the opinions and language are my own.”
15 thoughts on “Protein Packed Peanut Butter and Chocolate Breakfast Muffins”
Love peanut butter muffins and your little helpers are adorable!
Peanut butter is the best! And thank you SHumaila.
Ummm…. those look amazing!
Why thank you Jessica 🙂
This is too cute! I have to try these!
Hope you like them Sonia!
How cute, your kiddos are adorable! This is the perfect recipe to try with my daughter!
Thanks Krishna. It’s always fun baking with the kids.
Those sound yummy!!! I am always looking for healthier options to make for my family.
They are definitely both healthy and yummy Sandy 🙂
Those sound healthy and delicious 🙂
∞ © tanvii.com ∞
ThanksTanvi, they are both 😉
These look delicious, and it’s wonderful that the kids helped make them. My son loves to cook, so I’m going to grab a jar of that peanut butter when I do my grocery shopping this week. Can’t wait to try this recipe with him!
Made these for Mother’s Day breakfast. Delicious and filling. Thanks for the great recipe.
Those look super yummy! I am going to try them with my daughter this week 🙂