It’s been great to go outdoors and enjoy the sun this summer! But it’s also important to have some time in the shade so as to not over do it. Along with fun in the sun, we try and do an indoor activity each day. Recently, we had a lot of success with Straw Painting. The kids loved it and we ended up with some great artwork that we will be putting on our walls.
1. Straws – make sure they are not too long otherwise it’ll be too hard for the kids to get the paint to move around
2. Thick white paper or canvas – You can use any paper that’ll hold paint or you can even buy small canvases from the dollar store
3. Different colors of paint – Use pourable paint. Or you can even make your own paint with this simple paint recipe.
4. Small bowls or containers – this is for mixing the paint and water
5. Water – It will help thin out the paint and make this activity easier for younger kids
1. Pour paint into different containers. Add a little bit of water to the paint to thin it out and make it it easy to blow with a straw.
2. Pour little blobs of paint on the canvas and let them create, slowly adding more. (Tip: Have a talk about only blowing out of the straw, not sucking.)