We are always making smoothies in our house, especially around breakfast time. Also in rotation at breakfast is cereal, sheet pancakes and oatmeal. But sometimes, the mornings are too rushed for a sit down breakfast, at least for me, when I’m doing all the mom things to get the kids out of the house for school on time. Because of that, one day the Banana Oatmeal Smoothie came to be! It has all the convenience of a smoothie and the benefits of oatmeal and fruit all in one. Did I mention it’s delicious too?
Kind of a win-win situation if you ask me. So of course, I had to share this recipe so all of you could enjoy it as well!
Banana Oatmeal Smoothie Recipe
Banana Oatmeal Smoothie Ingredients:
– 1 cup of almond milk (or any dairy/non dairy beverage you prefer)
– 1/4 cup rolled oats
– 1 frozen banana (if you don’t have frozen bananas, just add a fresh one + then some ice)
– 1 tsp shredded coconut
– 2 tbsp of your favourite vanilla protein powder
– 1 tsp honey (or to taste)
– 1/4 cup coconut water (optional – I use it to help with muscle recovery)
Instructions for Banana Oatmeal Smoothie
1. Add all the ingredients into the blender, starting with the liquids at the bottom.
2. Blend until everything is completely combined. If it’s too thick for you to drink, add some water and blend again until you have the consistency that you like.
That’s all there is to the Banana Oatmeal Smoothie. It’s perfect for breakfast or even as a post workout drink and it tastes great!
Some of my other favourite smoothies are:
Matcha Mango Smoothie
Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie
Strawberry Banana Smoothie
For more great smoothie recipes, check out this Pinterest Board.
Are smoothies popular in your house?
16 thoughts on “Banana Oatmeal Smoothie”
I love the taste of bananas in my smoothies, so I’ll definitely give this recipe a try!
Looks delicious❤ ever added frozen yogurt?
I’ve never tried that!!
For this recipe, is the oat meal cooked prior to using it for this smoothie???
Hi Gloria, no I just put it in as is 🙂
This was delish.. just made this.. 3 weeks postpartum and I need a quick tasty treat before trying to leave my house!
So glad you liked it! it’s one of my faves too!
It’s delicious! I tried it this morning, I also added 1 tbsp of PB. So easy to drink, specially during the morning while you rush.
oooh, adding a little bit of PB sounds delicious too! Glad you enjoyed it 🙂
I’m mos def trying this recipe, I absolutely love making smoothies
Smoothies are the best!