Now that the kids are a bit older, we usual have pretty simple breakfasts on weekday mornings. But sometimes, the usual gets boring. On those days, if I have the time, I’ll make something different. Sometimes it’s these Breakfast Cookies. Other times, it’ll be Breakfast Muffins.
My oldest absolutely loves these Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast muffins. And the great thing about them is that they are sugarless and flourless!
Flourless Oatmeal Breakfast Muffins
Ingredients for Oatmeal Breakfast Muffins:
– 2 small ripe bananas
– 1/2 cup milk (this recipe works with almond, soy and dairy milk, whichever you prefer)
– 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
– 1 egg
– 1/2 tsp baking powder
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 1 tbsp hemp hearts (optional)
– 2 cups of oats (rolled and quick oats work best)
– 3-4 Tbsp of chocolate chips
Instructions for Breakfast Muffins:
2. In a large bowl, pour in the milk and unsweetened applesauce and whisk well until everything is fully combined.
3. Add the the egg to the mixtures and whisk it in completely. Do the same with the baking powder and vanilla and hemp hearts. You don’t want to be able to see any white bits.
4. Then mash up the banana (I like to do it while it’s still in the skin.) Add it to the bowl and whisk until combined.
5. Then mix in the oats and chocolate chips.
6. Grab your muffin tins. Grease them so the muffins don’t stick to the pan. Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees. Fill each up the muffin tin. Put them in the oven for 23-25 minutes. You will know they are done when the bottoms are browned.
Easy as that, you have these delicious, flourless, sugarless Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Muffins. They are perfect for busy mornings when you need breakfast on the go or even as an after-school snack.
This recipe will make 12-15 muffins. They are good for about 5 days on the counter or 10 days in the fridge. You can make a double batch for freeze for a future breakfast emergency.