Banana’s are one of the most popular fruits in our house. But some weeks, there is that lone leftover banana. Often it goes in the freezer for future baking use. Other times, I make this yummy Banana Bread Cookies recipe that is simple and delicious. These are a hit with with both banana bread and cookie lovers alike!
Banana Bread Cookies Recipe
Ingredients for Banana Bread Cookies:
1 large ripe banana, mashed
3/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1/4 cup softened butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup oats (whatever type you like)
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp cinnamon
Instructions for Banana Bread Cookies:
1. In a large bowl, add the mashed banana, apple sauce, butter, sugar and egg. Use an electric mixer on low until everything is combined.
2. In another bowl, combine the flour, oats, baking soda and cinnamon with a whisk or spatula.
3. Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients bowl. Keep stirring until everything is well combined.
4. Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
5. On a greased cookie sheet, put down large spoonful of the batter. Leave room between each one because they will expand when they bake.
6. Put the cookies in the preheated over for about 12 minutes. When the cookies are ready, they will still be a bit soft to the touch and the bottoms will be slightly brown.
7. Let the cookies cool slightly before you eat them. And make sure to accompany them with a big glass of milk!
Rejoice now, when you see that lone leftover ripe banana because then you have a reason to make these delicious Banana Bread Cookies.
If you liked this recipe, you might also like:
Mini Banana Pancake Bites
Banana Oatmeal Smoothie
For more Banana Recipes, see this Pinterest Board.
13 thoughts on “Banana Bread Cookies”
I love banana bread so I will definitely love these cookies.
If you love banana bread then you will love these!
I’m going to try this. Looks tempting!
Oatmeal cookies are my personal favorite. Pinned this to my Cookies and Candy board. I will definitely try these with the next bananas we buy, maybe for the Grands over the summer. Thanks!
I make banana bread all the time , these look delicious. I am going to have to try them when I finish my cleanse 🙂
My wife makes banana bread all the time, but never thought of putting it in cookie form! Don’t even need to slice it!
Oh wow, they look absolutely lush!
Nice receipe , maybe I will try mAking them.
What can I substitute for the applesauce?
Hi Laurie, applesauce is a fill in for butter so you can try melted butter or margarine.
I would like to try this recipe. I have cinnamon apple sauce at home that I would like to use. I would assume I have to reduce the amount of sugar I add since my apple sauce isn’t unsweetened. Any recommendations?
You can definitely use the cinnamon apple sauce. If it’s quite cinnamony, then you can leave out adding the ground cinnamon to the recipe. As for reducing the sugar, it would depend how sweet your applesauce is. If you think it’s really sweet, you can try redoing the sugar by 1/4. I hope that helps.