Earlier this week, I wrote a post about a clean eating challenge that I took on. It was both challenging and rewarding. It made me realize that clean eating is possible, for the whole family, to a certain degree. When I looked through my recipe posts, I realized that we already eat a lot of clean and healthy meals and snacks so I thought I would share all of my favourites with you.
1. Chia Banana Breakfast – This make-ahead breakfast takes about 6 minutes to make the night before and it’s ready to eat in the morning. Just slice some bananas to top it with for a delicious, dessert-like breakfast.
2. Avocado Banana Smoothie – No time to sit down and eat? The avocado banana smoothie is creamy, filling and you can take it with you to drink on the road.
3. Date Smoothie – Another dessert like breakfast that you can throw in the blender in the morning and enjoy on the go. You’ll definitely want to make this one again.
4. Oatmeal Muffins – This is another breakfast you can make the night before if you want. They are flourless and sugarless and a total hit with the whole family!
5. Breakfast Sundae – Kids love the idea of a sundae, so why not let them make their own breakfast sundae, with yogurt and some of their favourite healthy toppings? It’s perfect breakfast for grownup too,
1. Greek Quinoa Salad – If you like greek salad, then you’ll love this quinoa version. It’s tasty, filling and you’ll probably get a few lunches out of it.
2. Cheesesteaks – Use leftover steak and vegetables to make this delicious cheesesteak recipe. You can eat it by itself or make it into a sandwich
3. Curried Quinoa – Add a little Indian flavour and veggies to this quinoa recipe, perfect for lunch time.
4. Chicken Noodle Soup – Whether you are nursing a cold or want a healthy and filling lunch, this homemade chicken noodle soup recipe will hit the spot.
1. Lemon Garlic Chicken – This dinner only needs 5 ingredients that’ll you’ll already have on hand. It’s healthy, tasty and family-approved!
2. Seasoned Tilapia – Another family favorite, this tilapia recipe is even easier than the lemon garlic chicken and just as tasty. Don’t be surprised when your family asks for seconds.
3. Salt and Pepper Shrimp – This is one of our go to dinners, that’s healthy, simple and of course delicious.
4. Homemade Fries – If fries are a favorite, then try this homemade baked version. You can use regular potatoes or sweet potatoes
5. Cheesesteaks – Same as I mentioned for lunch, this is a delicious meal.
6. Akni – This one-pot dinner of chicken and rice will be hit with the whole family!
1. Stove Top Popcorn – Have a salty craving? Try this stove-top popcorn recipe instead of chips. It only takes a few minutes to make.
2. Kale Chips – Another healthy and green alternative to potato chips.
3. Flourless Peanut Butter Muffins – These flourless, sugarless muffins may sound unexciting, but once you try them, they will become a staple in your house.
4. Granola Balls – Instead of store-bought granola bars, try these homemade granola balls. There is no baking involved and you can freeze them as well.
5. Guacamole – Feel the urge to dip? Try this awesome guacamole recipe.
These are some of our favourite healthy and clean eating meal and snacks. I hope you enjoy them. I’d love to hear some of your favourites.
8 thoughts on “Family-Friendly Clean Eating Recipes”
This is a great round up post! My favorites are avocado banana and kale chip recipe. I just got some kale yesterday, planning to try them today 🙂
I hope you like the kale chips, they are a favorite in our family 🙂
There are many recipes here I want to try! Like the Greek quinoa salad! And muffins. And guacamole ? I have already made the flourless pb muffins and they are delicious!!
So many recipes, not enough time 😉
Salma, these are all such healthy and lovely ideas for the family!
thank you Apsara
Hi, Salma. They are all great recipes for me. But I prefer Lemon Garlic Chicken, I will it tonight. Have a good day!
The lemon garlic chicken is delicious!